So, you want to enter one of our brilliant and wonderful competitions. Well that’s just super! But before you get all smarmy on our arse when you win there’s just a few terms and conditions and stuff you might want to check over first. Much like that rule that says we can’t send you your prize if you don’t tell us what your email address is. Quite simple really.
The RetroTunes Competition
Listen to the retro-gaming track played during the podcast and see if you can guess which game it was originally from, before the guys behind The OneUps weaved their magic on it. Once you think you know which game the track is from you’ll need to send us your answer via a Direct Message on Twitter.
You have to also make sure you’re following both us and @boomeranggames on twitter. We’d be over the moon if you could tweet about the competition too. It won’t increase your chances of winning but we’d send extra stuff, like free air and a special mention on the next episode, if you did. Awesomesauce.
Boidsters’ One-Off Unique Competition
Each month our talented Mr Boidster will post up an embarrassing photo of him or us, but mainly him. (When he posts the one involving the horse we all get a week off!) Your job is to think of a very funny caption to go with that photo. You’ll need to add your entry to the comments section on this very interwebz-page-thing (specifically for the page with the photo on it) and make sure you’ve included your name, email address and twitter moniker (if you have one) so that we can
laugh at you contact you if you win.
To find the latest caption competition photo by simply clicking on this lovely link thing right here: (or by clicking on ‘Competitions’ in the menu and selecting the Caption Competition entry from the dropdown – easy as apple pie.)
Boidsters’ Caption Competition Photos Archive
You have to make sure you’re following both us and @boomeranggames on twitter – it’s nice if you tweet about the competition too. You don’t have to but if you could it means
we’ll look more favourable upon your caption we’ll be even more grateful for your very funny caption. Huzzah!
Pauls’ Special “Bet You Can’t Guess The Answer” Competition
This is probably the hardest competition of the lot. Thankfully it’s sponsored by the lovely people at GamerPrint.co.uk (in case you haven’t heard of them they do gamer t-shirts you’d actually wear – we’ve all got one of their designs and we’re dead cool people – awesomesauce!). Each podcast Paul will set a mind-bending question that will test your skills of deduction and prowess. Well, actually, they’re just dead hard questions.
To enter simply send us a tweet, a direct message, an SMS text or an email. If you’re on twitter you have to be following both us (easy one!) and GamerPrint. Easy as, er… pie. Again.
TGC Radio: Bargain Basement Bonanza
This competition is only held on the radio show and it normally depends on whether we’ve got a
bargain basement great game to give away. All you have to do is email, SMS text, tweet or direct message us during the show to win. You’ll find out on the very same show whether or not you’ve won. If you have we’ll need address details from you so that we can send you your awesome prize.
Terms and Conditions
There had to be some boring stuff somewhere. I guess however, in all seriousness and suchlike, it might be a good idea to read the stuff below. Just in case you win and then fall foul of the rules involving chickens and other feathered birds below. (“foul” – geddit? – “foul” hahahaha – cough – I’ll get me coat.)
- We will contact the sponsoring companies on your behalf with your twitter account or email details. They will then contact you. Please don’t harass them by twitter as we may not have contacted them yet.
- The entry methods detailed above are the only entry methods allowable for the specific competitions unless otherwise specified during each episode
- If you win a competition you will need to supply your email address. For Boidster’s competition you’ll need to send your address to Boomerang only when they contact you. For Paul’s competition you will be required to give GamerPrint details of an address to which you would like your prize sent.
- No personal information is kept by us other than for the purpose of supplying the prizes
- Multiple entries for each competition are allowed but only one will count.
- Use of multiple twitter accounts to enter any competition will result in them all being disregarded.
- Each competition will run from the day of episode release until the day prior to recording the next episode – we’ll announce this on twitter
- We reserve the right to withdraw a prize at any time if we need to.
- Entries after the closing date will not be counted
- The prize for the Retro Tunes competition is limited to those who can redeem a UK purchased MS Points, PSN Points or Wii Points voucher cards. If you are outside of the UK and you win the Retro Tunes competition we, The Games Cast, can accept no liability whatsoever if you are unable to redeem your prize. If you are outside of the UK and you are unable to redeem a points card which you have won from the Retro Tunes competition then another prize will NOT be offered to you.
- Prizes in all competitions except the Retro Tunes competition are limited to UK residents only – sorry
- No cash alternative – we’re poor
- A specific competition may carry its own terms and conditions. Unless explicitly specified otherwise those terms and conditions are in addition with those mentioned here.
- Should any competition-specific condition go against any term or condition listed within this page then the term or condition for the specific competition will overrule the same specific term or condition listed on this page.
- You may be required to follow specific twitter accounts or re-tweet or tweet a specific message. Failure to abide by these extra terms will result in disqualification from the specific competition.
- Our decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Unless expressly defined in the competition specific terms and conditions we will only announce the winners on the podcast. We will not tweet you, email you, PM you on the forum or send carrier pigeons. If you’ve entered a competition we’d like you to listen to the podcast to find out if you’ve won. If you have, then PM us on the forum and we’ll start the prize giving!